Job reference #6170_8573236
At Lifion, weâ€™re defining the future of work. Our platform is built on amazing open source technologies, consisting of an ecosystem of more than a hundred containerized microservices. As a member of our platform architecture group, youâ€™ll work on our core Node.js libraries. Your impact will extend to hundreds of engineers across the organization and your code be crucial to the availability and resiliency of our microservices.
If you love being on the cutting edge, are excited about functional and object oriented programming concepts, have developed a background in topics like database client drivers, sharding, data streaming, and resiliency techniques, you could be the perfect addition to our team.
- Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 4+ years of software development experience in modern technology stacks
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js, or 3+ years of experience with languages like Java, Scala, Kotlin, C#, F#, Python, Go, Rust
- 2+ years of experience with a functional programming style
- Knowledge of techniques to build fault tolerant and resilient connectivity logic with stateful services such as rate limiting, circuit breakers, retry patterns, exponential backoff
- Experience working with distributed databases and streams, such as MySQL clusters, MongoDB, Couchbase, and Kafka from an application perspective
- 1+ years of experience with cloud providers and managed services
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, grasp non functional requirements, and set expectations
- Experience with AWS, including Aurora, Kinesis, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS
- Contributions to stateful service client driver codebases
- Deep understanding of Node.js, including performance optimization
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Participation in open source projects